We are hiring for a full-time Universal Associate I (also known as a Member Consultant I) at our Wallingford Branch! This position enhances our members’ lives by creating trusted relationships and bringing our experience standards to life in every interaction by making it easy to do business, resolving issues emotionally and operationally, and valuing our members’ time. This role handles all in-branch transactions and member service requests, open secondary deposit accounts and non-real estate consumer loans, educate members on alternate ways to transact on their accounts, and cross-sell additional products and services that benefit members. Ideal candidates for this position are agile and service-focused, thrive in a dynamic team environment, interactively communicate, pay attention to detail, and problem solve effectively. (At some financial institutions, this type of position is called a senior teller, banker-in-training, universal associate, or a service representative.)
Who We Are. . .
Verity has been a local member-owned credit union offering a full range of financial products and services to our members since 1933. Verity means truth---and this guides our actions. Honesty may not be the easiest approach, but it is the right one. We are the only financial institution in the Pacific Northwest that is a part of the Global Alliance for Banking on Values (GABV), one of 54 financial institutions around the globe committed to a triple bottom line approach to our banking, which means that people, planet and prosperity are at the heart of everything we do.
We take pride in our work. Our mission and vision guide our daily activities, and we need motivated individuals to lead our success. Verity is committed to being a top employer in Washington and we are honored to be a 2018 National 101 Best & Brightest Company based on our employee's own reviews.
We Believe. . .
- Trust is earned each day.
- Learning is lifelong; it never stops.
- People come first, before the bottom line.
- Community engagement propels us forward.
- Teamwork is the foundation of our success.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Adhere to the Verity Experience Process in every member interaction.
- Listen to the member and understand their goals. Identifying ways to cross sell Verity’s products and services.
- Capture relevant information and input it into our CRM system.
- Value our members’ time by accurately and efficiently processing transactions including wires, payments, and IRA distributions.
- Resolve member issues; emotionally and operationally, while adhering to Verity’s policies and procedures.
- Originate, process, and fund consumer loans including credit cards, lines of credit, and auto loans.
- Originate deposit accounts including checking, savings, money market, and certificates of deposit.
- Collaborate with your team to achieve sales, service and community goals.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.