Join us to lead a dynamic team of fundraising professionals to advance New Beginnings’ critical mission to end domestic violence. This is a great opportunity to build upon an already solid program and take it to the next level, without having to lead a campaign. Our Executive Director is committed to fundraising and our Board is engaged and ready to help. We pride ourselves on collaboration and experimentation—all that’s missing is you!
New Beginnings strives to build a meaningful, welcoming and equitable workplace, inclusive of diverse voices, experiences and perspectives. New Beginnings is an equal opportunity employer. Survivors, people of color and LGBTQ people strongly encouraged to apply.
This management position collaborates with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to envision and implement innovative fundraising strategies to sustain New Beginnings’ mission. Inspires and supervises the Development team which includes a Major Gift Officer, Donor Communications and Grants Manager, Special Events Manager, Community Engagement Coordinator and occasional volunteers.
40 hours per week, primarily Monday through Friday with occasional evening and weekend commitments.
$80,000-$90,000 DOE, medical, dental and vision benefits; life insurance; retirement contribution; paid time off and education leave and allowance. This is an exempt position.
Strategic and Inspirational Fundraising Leadership (45%)
• Lead staff and Board in creating a long-range fund development vision to support New Beginnings’ plans for growth.
• Ensure development efforts reflect our agency commitment to promote racial, gender and other forms of equity.
• Develop and implement a strategic and measurable annual development plan to retain and attract support from a broad base of donors, companies and foundations.
• Inspire, support and strategically utilize the involvement of the Executive Director, Board members and Program Directors in key development activities.
• Regularly monitor and evaluate progress toward goals and recommend new fundraising directions, based upon analysis of New Beginnings’ donor and giving trends and the broader fundraising landscape.
• Provide quality supervision and mentorship to Development staff, working as a team to enhance the growth and success of New Beginnings’ fundraising efforts.
• Lead the development and institution of streamlined systems designed to support departmental efficiency and ensure optimal use of staff time.
• Provide staff leadership to the Board Development Committee.
• Collaborate with the Executive Director and other staff to ensure production of innovative and sophisticated communications and marketing materials.
• Ensure the maintenance and integrity of high-quality donor data in the Raisers Edge database, including oversight of consistent coding and timely input of contact reports.
• Attend and actively participate in Board meetings.
Major Gifts (40%)
• Collaborate closely with the Executive Director and the Major Gift Officer to implement a comprehensive major donor identification, cultivation and stewardship plan, maintaining an individual portfolio of some of these donors.
• Build outstanding relationships with donors and personally solicit major gifts.
• Develop and implement a planned giving program.
• Ensure the production of inspiring, high performing fundraising and cultivation events.
Corporate Giving (10%)
• Based on a long-range vision and strategic annual development plan, identify, cultivate and steward key corporate prospects.
Organizational Leadership (5%)
• Serve as an active member of New Beginnings’ management team.
• Engage in New Beginnings’ strategic planning and plan implementation.
• Serve as an ambassador and spokesperson on behalf of New Beginnings.
The Development Director must have a passion for New Beginnings’ mission and organizational health, and a commitment to understanding the achievements and challenges of New Beginnings’ work. She/he must also commit to treating domestic violence survivors with respect and sensitivity, ensuring that fundraising activities and materials reflect their experiences in a non-exploitive manner. Other qualifications are:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field required. Combination of education and experience may be substituted for a lack of degree.
• A minimum six years of increasing experience in fund development, with a strong background in securing major gifts.
• Demonstrated strategic thinker.
• Demonstrated high level of professionalism and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to represent New Beginnings in a professional manner to community partners and the broader public.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate ideas and organizational achievements verbally and in writing.
• Experience supervising professional staff.
• Demonstrated ability to work with diverse individuals in a welcoming, culturally competent manner.
• Ability to maintain participant and donor confidentiality.
• Demonstrated leadership in a team setting working with staff, Board members and other volunteers to accomplish fundraising objectives.
• Ability to train staff and volunteers in fundraising best practices.
• Willingness to learn about and promote equity and social justice within and outside of New Beginnings.
• Willingness to learn about the dynamics of domestic violence and the impact of trauma on survivors and their children.
• Highly motivated, organized, creative and flexible.
• Proficient in core computer skills including word processing, database management, spreadsheets, navigating the web and electronic communications. Raisers Edge experience a significant plus.
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize tasks and responsibilities.
• Ability to work independently, maintain self-motivation and persist in the face of challenges.
• Communications and events experience a plus.
• Knowledge of Seattle’s philanthropic community a plus.
• Ability to travel locally to meet with donors; valid driver’s license and ability to use personal car as needed.
Email resume and cover letter detailing experience to email@example.com
. We value your lived experience. Open until filled. Additional agency information available at www.newbegin.org