AT YOUTHCARE: YouthCare envisions a community where no young person experiences homelessness, all young people have the opportunity to thrive, and the systems that oppress them are dismantled. YouthCare serves young people of many racial and ethnic backgrounds, abilities, sexual orientations, gender identities, and religious beliefs, and we seek a workforce that reflects that diversity. We value hard work and dedication to helping youth experiencing homelessness move from survival mode into thriving and healthy young adulthood. We value a sense of humor and respect of each other and the youth we serve.
ABOUT YOUTHCARE: YouthCare works to end youth homelessness and to ensure that young people are valued for who they are and empowered to achieve their potential. Founded in 1974, YouthCare was one of the first programs to serve runaway and homeless youth on the West Coast. The goal was to help young people find safety today, and build a future for tomorrow. Over four decades, we’ve defined best practices and developed programs that are a national standard for excellence. Using a youth-centered approach, we ensure that young people experiencing homelessness ages 12-24 have the hope, skills, and confidence to gain long-term stability.
ABOUT THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM: YouthCare’s Development Team is responsible for fundraising, community engagement, public policy work, volunteer and in-kind donation management, and much more in service to our mission.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Database Manager oversees all aspects of database usage and implementation for the Development team. A strategic thought partner for senior Development staff, the Database Manager extracts and analyzes data from the Raiser’s Edge database to interpret giving trends, identify engagement gaps, maximize gift renewals, and identify areas of opportunity to support sustainable and strategic revenue growth for the organization. The Database Manager also leads the Development Team’s functional operations including overseeing gift processing systems, regular reconciliation with YouthCare’s Finance team, budget development and implementation, and supports fundraising events and campaigns as they relate to data management, data integrity, and extraction.
- Maintain information integrity of donor database and maximize its fundraising potential. Manage gift entry; managing all constituent records; building queries; revenue reporting; training staff; establishing database best practices and periodic record updating.
- Create and deliver reports, lists, and analysis to members of the Development team, Senior Leadership Team, and Board of Directors to report on year-to-date progress and inform strategies to increase loyalty, depth, and authenticity of donor relations and grow private revenue.
- Build new reports to support specific data analysis including donor acquisition rates and sources, renewal rates with increase/decrease analysis, giving frequency and recency, and giving channels and vehicles.
- Work closely with senior Development staff to research and engage Board of Directors members, major donors, and major donor prospects in cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies. Support prospect research through regular integration of Research Point metrics into Raiser’s Edge.
- Serve as Raiser’s Edge administrator and expert, collaborating with other users to solve complex questions and address data and reporting needs as they arise.
- Collaborate with the Development team in the creation of goals, strategies, and plans for annual development calendar. Support the development of detailed timelines, and budgets. Support donor communication and acquisition methods, including direct mail, newsletters, annual reports, email, and website content.
- Supervise YouthCare’s Donor Database Assistant, supporting their work to deliver timely and appropriate donor acknowledgment, execute on gift processing, manage EFTs and credit card processing, and complete ongoing data entry projects and maintenance.
- Create database queries and exports to support segmented fundraising communications, recognition lists, special event receipts, and annual tax statements.
- Support logistical management of fundraising events as it relates to data and database management, advising on event registration, donation processing, and timely donor acknowledgment. Lead day-of donation counting process in support of YouthCare’s annual luncheon.
- Coordinate the Development Department annual expense and revenue budget creation; execute monthly reporting for the Development Department and alignment with Finance Department.
- Act as liaison to YouthCare’s Finance department. Support annual audit needs, reporting for the 990, and work collaboratively with Finance team towards complete financial reconciliation and booking of general operations and designated gifts.
- in compliance with Finance and IRS regulations, ensure for registrations with key public reporting entities (Washington State Secretary of State, GuideStar, Better Business Bureau, etc.), and manage workplace giving applications and processes.
- Participate in team meetings and provide relevant reports to support team’s engagement in conversation around fundraising strategy and opportunities.
- Build and maintain working knowledge of youth homelessness, Seattle homelessness trends and YouthCare’s programs and remain consistently updated on changing and nuanced donor messaging in order to be able to answer a myriad of questions or redirect to appropriate staff. Serve as an ambassador and momentum creator for YouthCare’s mission in a variety of environments.
- Manages or participates as project team member for special projects as needed.
- Participates as a member of the Development team on the creation of work plans and establishing work priorities.Identifies ways to make work operations more effective and efficient on an ongoing basis.
This job description is not intended to cover every aspect of your job at YouthCare. We are a team that works together to meet the needs of our clients and every member of the team is expected to pitch in and help even beyond the specific responsibilities listed in this description.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Three years of experience in CRM databases, including a minimum of one year of experience with Raiser’s Edge
- Experience managing people and working in collaborative team environments
- Familiarity with trends in philanthropic giving, including emerging patterns in individual giving preferences, channels, vehicles, etc.
- Proficiency with Windows-based computer software and Microsoft Office, including advanced proficiency with Excel. Overall aptitude for learning new software programs
- Demonstrated experience conducting data and trend analysis
- Extremely well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to thrive in a busy environment
- Creative, self-driven, and proactive problem solver with comfort to perform a variety of duties
- Strong oral and written communication skills with good command of spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Ability to work effectively and maintain positive relationships with internal staff members and external constituents
- Ability to effectively represent YouthCare in the community.
- Ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information appropriately and with discretion.
- Commitment to racial equity and social justice; willingness to contribute to and learn from an emerging culture of anti-racism.
- Commitment to YouthCare’s mission, vision, and values
- Experience and credentials must comply with program contract requirements including but not limited to DSHS background check and must be at least 21 years of age.
- Three or more years of experience working with Raiser’s Edge and other Blackbaud products, particularly Raiser’s Edge 7, Raiser’s Edge NXT, Research Point, and/or NetCommunity
- Experience developing systems, procedures, and trainings
- Knowledge of data mining with a focus on actionable outcomes and presenting insights
- Experience working in homeless services or other human services nonprofit organization
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Valid state identification or passport.
- Initiative, creativity, reliability, flexibility, thoroughness
- High integrity when dealing with restricted and/or confidential information.
- Ability to accurately maintain and produce files, records, logs and reports.
- May be required to assume responsibilities or duties within the agency not specifically delineated in this job description for short periods of time or on an infrequent basis.
- Commitment to YouthCare’s initiative to build cultural proficiency across the agency. Acceptance of a variety of lifestyles, behaviors, and cultural and spiritual practices.
- Covid vaccinations are mandated at Youthcare. Youthcare will reasonably accommodatethose individuals with medical conditions and/or religious beliefs that prevent them from obtaining the vaccine.
- Ability to perform range of physical motions, exerting up to 50 pounds. Lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds; standing, walking, sitting for long periods of time, kneeling, squatting, and stooping; running for brief periods of time; and go up and down stairs.
BENEFITS: YouthCare provides a competitive benefits package to full time employees including medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, short-term disability, life insurance, 401(k), vacation, paid holidays, and sick leave after successful completion of the 90-day Introductory Period.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT: YouthCareis an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by law. People of Color and Members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.