Title: Director of Operations
Hours: 40 hours per week, some evening and weekends
Salary $75,000 annually
Reports to: Executive Director
Date: Open until filled
- Full healthcare, dental, and optical coverage offered.
- Generous vacation, paid holidays, sick leave, and safe leave after successful completion of the 90-day introductory period.
- Gay City recognizes the importance of saving for retirement and offers eligible employees a 401(k) plan.
- Free ORCA Pass.
- Please submit cover letter and resume via e-mail to email@example.com
- Please use “Director of Operations - Your name” in the subject line
Gay City’s Mission
Gay City: Seattle’s LGBTQ Center cultivates access and connections to promote self-determination, liberation and joy in our communities.
Gay City Values: Advocacy, Accessibility, Intersectionality, Sex & Body Positivity, Stewardship and Transparency.
The Director of Operations is a key management leader of Gay City and leads all aspects of the organization’s financial and operational management, compliance, and reporting; provide oversight of accounting, human resources, and office/facilities. This person will ensure the smooth day-to-day operations of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises Bookkeeper.
- Takes primary responsibility for financial systems in use to ensure that data is managed effectively and within appropriate controls and regulations.
- In collaboration with the ED, Board Finance Chair and Bookkeeper, develop and manage operational budgets and strategic financial decisions.
- Reviews vendor contract terms and executes contracts when requested or required.
- Facilitates annual audit: responding to requests for information, generating schedules, answering questions.
- Analyzes and generates accurate and timely reports on financial status, including financial statements for month-end, quarter-end and year-end with notes (Statement of Financial Position; Statement of Activities; Statement of Cash Flows; Schedule of Functional Expenses; Schedule of Program Revenues and Operating Expenses), and other reports requested by the Board and/or Finance Committee.
- Supports Director of Development in strategic and operational planning for grants and funding opportunities.
- Be an engaged and collaborative team member, participating with planning, strategies, events and stewardship activities.
- Oversees recruiting, onboarding and benefits administration.
- Oversees performance management and improvement systems.
- Developments policy and documentation.
- Manages employee relations.
- Oversees regular communications regarding volunteer needs, logistics for events, etc.
Office/Facility Administration and Maintenance:
- Supervise Office Coordinator to ensure ordering office & general supplies, monitoring inventory; maintenance of storage areas, and space rentals.
- Manage the physical infrastructure, including office space, phone system, computers, and office equipment. Will lead process of settling into new office space in 2022.
- With an IT support contract, manage computer network, ensure computer functionality for all staff, and manage data storage and email systems.
- Responsible for maintenance of common spaces for appearance and functionality
- Responsible for all incoming/outgoing mail.
- Five or more years of experience in a similar role involving day to day financial and operational management, with at least two years in nonprofit financial management.
- Proficiency with organizational budgeting and financial management.
- Experience with and understanding of general accounting (GAAP), payroll management, human resources, and general business systems and functions. Demonstrated success in monitoring financial systems.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, especially the ability to explain complex information clearly and simply.
- Experience with facilities management preferred.
- Ability to work in an open and collaborative work environment.
- Persistent follow through and resolution of problems.
- Adaptable and composed when faced with changing needs and priorities.
- Must have advanced experience with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Supervision experience is preferred.
- Must have excellent attention to detail.
- Must have strong problem solving and strategic thinking skills.
- Must have excellent relationship-building and interpersonal communication skills; ability to speak comfortably to groups and work well in a team setting.