Title: Digital Communications Coordinator
Job Description: The Digital Communications Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Marketing & Communications team in implementing GSBA’s digital communications plan. This includes posting and scheduling content on social media, updating and maintaining the GSBA website, and drafting email campaigns.
The position will report to the Director of Public Policy & Government Relations and work closely with the Marketing & Digital Communications Manager. This job can be completed remotely and could be a good fit for a student or someone who wants to work flexible hours.
Commitment to Inclusivity, Equity, and Representation: GSBA is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse staff and board reflective of the communities we serve. We strongly encourage applications form people of color, people with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and other underrepresented and historically marginalized groups.
Organizational Background: GSBA is Washington State’s LGBTQ+ and allied chamber of commerce. The mission of GSBA is to combine business development, leadership, and social action to expand economic opportunities for the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer community and those who support equality for all. GSBA proudly serves as a connector across the region, bringing communities together through business while advocating for civil rights and small business. GSBA also promotes LGBTQ+ tourism through Travel Out Seattle, advocates for small businesses in Seattle’s Capitol Hill neighborhood through the Capitol Hill Business Alliance (CHBA), and invests in the next generation of LGBTQ+ and allied leaders through the GSBA Scholarship & Education Fund.
- Work with Marketing & Communications team to execute social media plan across multiple channels, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc
- Utilize social media engagement strategies to amplify messaging objectives and bolster GSBA social presence
- Create content that represents GSBA and GSBA Scholarship & Education Fund’s visual brand & voice with consistency, clarity, and creativity
- Draft and publish email campaigns to GSBA members and interest audiences
- Update and maintain events calendar on GSBA website
- Assist Marketing & Communications team to draft, record, track, and fulfill sponsorship and advertising commitments
- Manage occasional website updates as needed
- Demonstrable experience with and enthusiasm for social media content creation including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other social media tools
- Demonstrated familiarity and comfort with language and terminology particular to the LGBTQ+ community
- Ability to write and edit clearly, compellingly, and quickly
- Strong organizational and project management skills including a passion for detail and follow-through
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to take initiative, work independently, or as a helpful team member
- Commitment to GSBA and the GSBA Scholarship & Education Fund’s mission, understanding the importance of small business, social justice values, and a personal commitment to equity and inclusion
SALARY & BENEFITS
This is a non-exempt, part time, hourly position at $23 per hour. Hours worked are not to exceed 20 hours per week, and this position does not come with benefits.
- GSBA is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, multi-cultural work environment. People of color, people with disabilities, and people of diverse sexual orientations, gender expressions and identities are encouraged to apply.
- Send letter of interest and resume to: Matt Landers, Director of Public Policy & Government Relations at MattL@thegsba.org. Please include “Digital Communication Coordinator” in the subject line of your email.
- The position is available immediately. All applications will be reviewed and acted upon as they are received and the position will be filled as soon as the appropriate candidate is found.