Title: HIV/STI Tester - (Bilingual –Spanish)
Hours: Full time, evening and weekend required
Reports to: Clinic Manager
- Full healthcare, dental, and optical coverage offered.
- Generous vacation, paid holidays, sick leave, and safe leave after successful completion of the 90-day introductory period.
- Gay City recognizes the importance of saving for retirement and offers eligible employees a 401(k) plan.
- Free ORCA Pass
- To Apply
- Please submit cover letter and resume via e-mail to email@example.com
- Please use “Bilingual HIV/STI Tester - Your name” in the subject line
Gay City’s Mission
Gay City: Seattle’s LGBTQ Center cultivates access and connections to promote self-determination, liberation and joy in our communities
This position is responsible for providing sexual health counseling and HIV/STI testing. Gay City promotes peer advocacy, self-determination, and uses an explicitly anti-racist social justice lens in connecting with clients.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide non-judgmental and culturally competent sexual health information, strategies, and resources.
- Assess level of risk in each client and determine appropriate screenings and/or referrals.
- Deliver positive results with compassion.
- Perform phlebotomy, Rapid HIV, and HEP C tests.
- Provide clients with Gonorrhea/ Chlamydia Aptima Swabs for self-collection.
- Assist with Home Testing Program.
- Protect confidentiality of clients.
- Maintain an OSHA work compliant area.
- Maintain HIPPA compliance.
Client Support Services
- Complete charting and any other paperwork in a timely manner.
- Administrative support- answer phone calls & make appointments.
- Assist/support clients with retrieving their results and medical records.
- Contact clients when appropriate to discuss treatment options, sexual health strategies, and answer any other questions.
- Ability to read and speak in Spanish.
- Demonstrated ability to serve all segments of the LGBTQ community and culture, especially including mindfulness and respect with regard to people’s pronouns.
- Knowledge and familiarity of issues impacting queer and trans communities with demonstrated ability to apply a lens of intersectionality, particularly with regard to race, class, gender, age and ability.
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, and committed to delivering quality customer service.
- Friendly, engaging presence with an ability to establish and maintain good working relationships both internally and externally.
- Established ability to maintain a high level of production while working independently.
- General proficiency with computers and ability to learn new software.
- Evening and weekend availability required.
- Experience working with HIV/AIDS impacted communities, including health promotion and HIV prevention.
- Medical Phlebotomy license (Gay City will provide the necessary training if applicant does not already have a license).
Gay City is an equal opportunity employer. Gay City does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, gender identity or presentation, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, age, religion, immigration status, and the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability in employment, volunteer opportunities or services rendered.