Aug 6, 2021
About Pride Foundation
Pride Foundation fuels transformational movements to advance equity and justice for LGBTQ+ people in all communities across the Northwest. We envision a world in which all LGBTQ+ people live safely and openly as our whole selves in the communities we call home.
Founded in 1985, we are the only LGBTQ+ community foundation in the Northwest, and have invested more than $72 million in nonprofit organizations, local leaders, and student scholars through our grants, scholarships, and initiatives. We work in the Northwest states of Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and Washington. Pride Foundation has an operating budget of more than $5 million and 15 full-time employees, 5 of whom are fully remote and 10 who are currently remote, but previously worked at our headquarters in Seattle, WA. Pride Foundation is governed by a Board of Directors with 22 members from across the five-state region with diverse professional and lived experiences.
As an organization and as individuals, we are committed to anti-racism, and strive to center racial equity and justice throughout our organization and all aspects of our programmatic work. Together, we are intentionally and actively building an internal culture that reflects this commitment, and an organization where our team members can thrive. All team members are a part of this work and are active participants in building our culture. Read more about the work culture we are building here.
The Operations Manager is responsible for managing the systems, processes, and
administration that keep Pride Foundation’s organizational operations running smoothly. This position also provides key support to our financial operations, as well as serving as a liaison to the Board of Directors. The Operations Manager reports to the Director of Finance and Operations (DFO).
We are looking for a systems-thinker who can help us build, maintain, and improve our
organizational operations and internal processes. This team member will have outstanding organization and communication skills, and a background in administrative and operations support.
This is a full time, non-exempt position. Flexibility to work some evenings, weekends, and occasionally travel are necessary. This position is currently remote, and candidates should live in, or be willing to relocate to, one of the five Northwest states Pride Foundation serves.
Internal Information/Communication Systems (25%)
● Maintain and build out organizational file systems and document management in
SharePoint. In the first year, this will include transitioning all organizational files to this
new system and working with staff teams to implement and maintain.
● Maintain and build out use of Microsoft Teams channels for Board and staff, including
becoming in-house Teams expert and providing team trainings and implementing new
● Maintain organizational, staff, and Board calendars and meeting schedules.
● Provide support for meetings, including scheduling, catering, accommodations, set-up/breakdown, and note-taking as needed.
● Work with staff and Board to promote team culture and support, including celebrations, gatherings, and recognition opportunities.
Office and Technology Management (20%)
● Manage activities essential to the daily operations of Pride Foundation’s virtual/remote and in person office, including purchasing, inventory, scheduling, and service request processing.
● Provide phone reception for general inquiries and greets visitors.
● Open, distribute, and/or respond to incoming mail, faxes, and general email.
● Coordinate maintenance of office and office equipment.
● Supports staff with administrative and technology requests, and provide training as necessary for new systems.
● Develop office operations and systems as needed, or improve upon existing systems for greater efficiency and functioning.
● Maintain and order general office supplies, equipment, technology, and stationary.
● Oversees vendor contracts and relations, maintenance of, and purchasing and ordering supplies for photocopier, mail machine, telephone systems, including all mobile accounts, desktop and laptop computers, including network management.
● Research new tools and applications for team and organizational use.
Finance Support (25%)
• Process accounts payable to ensure timely payment of vendors, grantees, and scholars.
• Prepare weekly deposits.
• Prepare for and assist with annual audit with DFO.
• Prepare for and assist with annual budget with DFO.
• Assist with monthly leave tracking.
• Collect company credit card receipts and determine expense allocation.
• Support financial administration as needed, including things like tracking monthly leave, staff credit card receipts.
Board and Executive Support (20%)
● Serve as the main liaison between the Board and the CEO, ensuring clear communication and support for all Board members and committees.
● Coordinate Board and committee meeting logistics, scheduling, agenda preparation, and meeting materials and board packets.
● Coordinate all aspects of bi-annual board and staff retreats and bi-annual staff retreats logistics and meeting materials.
● Supports CEO and Director of Finance and Operations with scheduling and other administrative duties as needed.
Organizational Culture and Racial Justice (10%)
• Understand and integrate relevant components of strategic plan and commitment to centering racial justice into individual and team workplan.
• Commit to personal growth, learning, and transformation, taking initiative to expand your understanding of racial justice and related principles, issues, and practice and how they apply to your, and our work.
• Meaningfully participate in caucus groups, organizational learning sessions, and other opportunities to shape our organizational culture.
• Work to acknowledge, address, and eliminate individual, institutional, and structural racism and its intersections with other forms of oppression in your and our work.
• Actively participate in evolving the organizational culture at Pride Foundation to be mission-focused, inclusive, values-aligned, and community-centered.
• Grow and apply the skills and practices needed to create an inclusive organizational culture including (but not limited to): clear and kind communication, giving and receiving feedback, mutual accountability, and self-care and boundaries.
• Contribute to developing a culture of philanthropy at Pride Foundation by incorporating friend and fund raising as appropriate throughout work.
Qualifications: Skills and Experience
Preference will be given to candidates with these skills, competencies, and experiences:
• Pride Foundation is committed to building a racially just, equitable, and inclusive environment through all levels of the organization. Ideal candidates will have a demonstrated understanding and experience working on issues related to racial, LGBTQ+, gender, economic, and reproductive justice, and working in communities comprised of diverse people.
• At least three years of experience with administrative and operations support experience.
• Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat
• Experience with databases and financial systems.
• Preferred experience using Microsoft Teams and SharePoint.
• Experience providing training and support for operations.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate and work as part of a team, and exceptional communication skills.
• Ability to think creatively and analytically to develop and improve systems, processes, and procedures.
• Outstanding organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple deadlines and priorities.
• A commitment to providing quality stewardship to all Pride Foundation constituents, and the ability to develop a positive working relationship with staff, volunteers, board members, donors, and community supporters.
Salary and Benefits
Pride Foundation determines its staff salaries using the Washington Nonprofit Wage & Benefit Annual Survey. Each salary is based on the average of similar positions in organizations of comparable size and are competitive for the field. For this position, the salary range is $55,000 –$62,000, depending on experience.
Excellent employer-paid benefits: medical (includes coverage of gender-confirming health services and procedures), dental, and vision coverage along with disability insurance, employer retirement account contribution, and option for employee to invest in an individual retirement account.
Pride Foundation also utilizes a 4-day work week (32 hour equivalent) and encourages and supports self-care for team members.
Pride Foundation is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive work environment and to building a team that reflects the rich diversity of our community. People of color, people with disabilities, and people of diverse sexual orientations, gender expressions and identities who are underrepresented in the field of philanthropy are encouraged to apply.
Please send (1) a letter of interest and (2) your resume to the hiring manager for this role, Jimbo Worm, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Operations Manager” in the subject line of your email.
In your letter of interest, please make it a point to address the skills and experiences you bring to this role, as outlined above. Specifically, we would appreciate you addressing:
1. Your commitment to Pride Foundation’s work, mission, and values
2. Why you are interested in this role specifically
3. How your experience and background have prepared you for a role like this
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their applications by August 25th, 2021. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, though applications submitted after the deadline will be considered on a case-by-case basis. The position will be filled as soon as the appropriate candidate is found, as the position is available immediately.
For more information about Pride Foundation, please visit our website: www.pridefoundation.org.