For more information and to apply please visit:
Classification: Regular Full-time (Exempt)
Location: Remote & Onsite Work in Monroe, WA
Reports to: Director of Communications
The Senior Digital Communications Manager implements a comprehensive digital strategy, including organic and paid digital and social advertising, and supervises the work of the creative contributors. This position manages social media platforms, grows our online community, oversees website presence, and curates an on-brand photography and video library.
In partnership with the Director of Communications, this person will help up-level Pasado’s Safe Haven’s online presence, expand our emphasis on thought leadership and ensure our branding is represented consistently throughout the organization. This professional role collaborates across programs and identifies storytelling opportunities to raise awareness of our animal residents and the Organization’s work to change society’s human-animal relationship.
This position requires a strong analytical thinker and problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. The ideal person will demonstrate a true understanding and passion for animal rights and have experience in identifying opportunities to connect with target audiences and delivering thought-provoking creative. The nature of this work includes covering occasional weekend and evening events.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Creating and implementing an annual digital strategy and calendar across all platforms supporting the goals of the Communications and Development teams
- Harnessing real-time content assets that engage target audiences
- Producing and maintaining a library of current visual assets to successfully support storytelling and educational initiatives across digital platforms
- Writing, reviewing, and editing copy and content to ensure consistent brand voice
- Establishing key performance metrics and evaluating the effectiveness of online programs
- Overseeing the monitoring of online community engagement and responding with timely and thoughtful replies
- Managing vendors and internal content contributors
- Ensuring brand guidelines are consistent and maintained across all channels
- Developing and implementing consistent consumer-facing messaging
- Providing strategic counsel to the Director of Communications
- Recommending changes in strategy as necessary in a collaborative and timely manner
- Overseeing the production quality and brand alignment of all print and digital assets, including utilizing InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Conceiving of and producing video content
- Ensuring our Brand Guide is maintained and keeping our brand compelling and relevant
- Personal commitment to promoting a vegan lifestyle and the mission of Pasado’s Safe Haven
- Passion for following emerging equity issues, social movements, and animal rights-related topics
- Minimum 7+ years’ proven experience in creating social media content and digital content campaigns including channel-specific content optimization expertise
- Outstanding analytical, organizational and project management skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders, including employees, clients, and the public
- Proficient in website development platforms
- Proficient in data acquisition platforms and implementing digital analytics including, but not limited to Canva, Sprout, Hootsuite/Later, LinkTree, etc.
- Experience developing brand awareness and online reputation
- Possess skills for working in a fluid team culture, including empathy, patience, advocacy, and conflict resolution
- Have an adaptable and creative mindset
Employment & Benefits:
- Full-time (40 hours per week), Exempt – occasional weekend and evening event coverage
- Combination of work-from-home and onsite at our sanctuary in Monroe, WA
- Occasional local travel required
- Medical & Vision insurance - 100% of premiums paid by employer
- Dental insurance - 50% of premiums paid by employer
- Generous PTO accrual (14 days year 1 -up to- 22 days in year 5)
- 401(k) + 2% company match - fully vested on day 1!
- 9 paid holidays per year
- Basic life insurance provided if enrolled in group health plan
- Supplemental Insurance Benefits available
- Laptop and necessary equipment provided for remote positions
- "At cost" veterinary care and pet supplies (when available)
Pasado’s Safe Haven offers a unique possibility for communications experts to use their skills to influence change and save lives. Our commitment to justice in human-animal relationships drives work helping the most vulnerable among us. We envision a world recognizing every animal as an individual -- living free from abuse, abandonment, neglect, and exploitation. Our comprehensive program work inspires compassion and empathy. We rescue victims of cruelty and neglect, provide income-qualified families access to critical pet services, and advocate for those whose survival depends on social and legislative change. Our work is raising the bar on an entire system.
Pasado’s Safe Haven exceeds sector best practices and received the highest accreditation and awards from the Global Federation of Animal Sanctuaries, Guide Star, and Charity Navigator. Pasado’s supports an inclusive, mission-driven, people-first culture of compassion in adherence to our organizational values. Staff members at all levels are mission ambassadors. The ideal candidate brings a positive attitude and high emotional intelligence.
Visit our website to learn more about Pasado’s Safe Haven!
Pasado’s Safe Haven provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or marital status. At Pasado’s Safe Haven, we believe compassionate action is fundamental to dismantling systems of oppression for all living beings. We courageously live this belief every day through our work to end animal cruelty and our commitment to respect and kindness. We can only be successful by embracing the diversity and power of each individual’s lived experience as we all work together toward an expanded circle of compassion.