For more information please visit: https://autorepairrevolution.com/wpjb-jobs/service-advisor/
POSITION PURPOSE & SUMMARY
The Service Advisor must have strong customer service skills and mechanical expertise. They act as a liaison between the customer and the technician. Advisors will perform thorough and accurate vehicle repair and maintenance estimates and advise customers around repair priorities. Advisors create customized maintenance schedules based on our technician’s findings. The Advisor ensures customers have a clear understanding of our recommendations, so they feel empowered to make well informed decisions about their vehicle’s care.
KEY DUTIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
• First point of contact via phone and in person to greet customers. This position plays a vital role as the representative for the company and is responsible for building relationships with our customers
• Provides professional, timely, and courteous customer service. Explains the repair process to the customer. Handles customer concerns.
• Schedules service appointments, conducts follow-up communications regarding customer satisfaction, deferred services and customer inquiries
• Orders parts needed from vendors to complete repairs.
• Performs opening and closing responsibilities
• Writes detailed work orders and descriptions of symptoms by interpreting customer concerns so that the technician can address the vehicle repair and maintenance needs correctly.
• Translate technical repair language and vehicle systems operation into language the customer understands. Uses pictures videos and animations to educate customers.
• Provides estimated cost analysis of automotive repairs and routine maintenance to customers. Through effective communication with customers, the SA determines the priority of necessary services, predicts the time needed for completion and stays in constant communication with the customer during the repair process by phone, text, and email communication.
• Ensures inspection reports, invoices and estimates are printed or sent to customers via email.
• Looks up preventive maintenance schedules and manufacturer recalls ensuring thorough information is relayed to customers about their vehicles
• Maintains accurate and complete vehicle work records. Ensures required paperwork and/or electronic records are completed
• Keeps supplies ready by inventorying shop supplies; placing orders when supplies are low; verifying receipt.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical and regulation publications; seeks appropriate guidance when meeting a challenge.
• Follows standard operating procedure manual to ensure consistency in our customer service and internal processes
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
• A great attitude and passion for our mission!
• Excellent customer service skills and experience
• Outstanding communication skills including an ability to listen and absorb information, as well as the ability to relay information clearly to others both verbally and written
• Master multi-tasker
• Strong documentation skills
• Ability to problem solve and have great attention to detail
• Time management skills, organizational skills and ability triage customer and repair priorities
• A team player mentality
• Ability to work well process driven environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Hard worker that has a sense of urgency and hustle for a face paced environment
• Takes initiative
• Flexibility and adaptability— prepared to adapt to new challenges or unexpected obstacles, changing circumstances, and new information while completing tasks in a timely manner with high quality
• Must be computer proficient and able to use shop management software with minimal training
• Preference for automotive industry experience
Service Advisor base wages depend on experience $19-$30 hourly. Plus, eligibility for weekly team performance bonus ranging from $0-$525.00 per week. Training and certifications are paid for by Repair Revolution. Additionally, all employees receive the benefit package listed on the career home page.