Wag N Wash Team Leads
Aug 25, 2021
Do you have ENERGY, ENTHUSIASM, MATURITY and great CUSTOMER SERVICE skills? Do you want to help people and their companion animals? Wag N' Wash is looking to add to our pack! Check out the details below.
To be considered, please complete an application online at:
Located in Queen Anne (next to Trader Joe’s), Wag N' Wash Natural Pet Food & Grooming is the premier retail destination for people who treat their companion pets as family members. Our guests can Wash ‘em, Feed ‘em and Spoil’ ‘em all in One Cool Place! We are looking for a dedicated and passionate people to help drive our
success and provide our guests with a unique shopping experience. We seek self-motivated individuals with strong customer service skills who have a genuine love of animals. We are currently hiring Full-Time Retail Team Leads.
Position: Team Lead
Rate of Pay: $17.69 - $19hr./DOE
$6 commission on each nail trim performed and paid in full
(Current Team Leads are averaging $23.00/hr)
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, PTO, PSST, 30% discount and more
Daily Duties & Responsibilities
• Create a fun, friendly, informative and efficient experience for dog and cat owners; help lead the creation of the “Wag N’ Wash” experience.
• Contribute to sales growth by engaging companion pet parents and assisting in finding solutions that promote the long-term health of their pet.
• Perform cash –handling and financial operations accurately and efficiently.
• Make decisions based on good judgement and Wag N’ Wash’s mission and values.
• Keep abreast of industry updates/changes and develop team members accordingly.
• Contribute to a happy, productive team by providing leadership in all aspects of store operations.
• Lead, train and hold team members accountable to maintain the cleanliness, organization and attractiveness of store's sales and support areas.
• Mentor new team members and provide management with useful feedback about team member performance, abilities and needs.
• Assist in all aspects of inventory such as merchandise replenishment, inventory adjustments, audits and order processing.
• Ensure the safety and security of guests and their companion animals while in our store by ensuring all city health codes are being met.
• Perform nail trims on dogs.
• Responsible for additional duties assigned by manager.
Successful applicants for a Shift Lead position MUST meet the following criteria
• ENERGY, ENTHUSIASM, MATURITY, and great CUSTOMER SERVICE skills are REQUIRED.
• Previous leadership experience in a retail role required, pet retail highly preferred.
• Cares for a cat or a dog-experience with both is preferable and has a passion to learn more about both species
• Instinctively gracious: genuinely enjoys making others feel welcome
• Highly accountable, follows through on commitments
• Has integrity: says and does what she/he believes to be right
• Has good judgment: makes rational, ethical decisions aimed toward long-term outcomes
• Self-starter, yet can take direction and learn from others
• A team player: contributes to the happiness and effectiveness of co-workers
• Has the flexibility to adapt to a work schedule that reflects the needs of customers, coworkers and store needs
• Knows how to (or willingness to learn how to) trim dog nails.
• Is able to move or lift merchandise, equipment or pets weighing 50lbs