GSBA SCHOLARSHIP REQUIREMENTS
Undergraduate Scholarship Applicants
- To receive a GSBA Scholarship, you must be a Washington State resident*. However, since GSBA shares an application with the Pride Foundation, those residing in Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, or Washington are encouraged to apply. Both GSBA and Pride Scholars may study at any college or university out of state.
- Preference is given to students who are self-identified LGBTQ, members of LGBTQ families, or straight allies who have been supportive of the LGBTQ community. All applicants must be able to demonstrate a commitment to equality and human rights for all.
- Applicants must be pursuing post-secondary education. For applicants that have not received a GSBA Scholarship in the past, you must be working toward an undergraduate degree. For current or former GSBA Scholars, you may be working toward an undergraduate or graduate degree.
- Students should be enrolled in community colleges, four-year public or private colleges or universities, or vocational/technical/trade programs. Current college students and those individuals planning to enroll in a program next year are eligible as are current high school seniors. High school freshman, sophomores, or juniors are not eligible nor are individuals who are not planning to enroll in higher education next year.
*Applicants are considered a resident if they:
- Currently live in that state and have done so for at least three months prior to the application deadline; or
- Have lived in that state for at least one year at any time in the five years prior to the application deadline; or
- Have lived in that state for more than one year at any time and have been continuously enrolled in an accredited academic institution for the five years prior to the application deadline.
Graduate Scholarship Application Requirements
- Must have been a GSBA Scholar within the past 4-years
- Must have received a GSBA scholarship for at least 2-years
- Cumulative GPA of 3.3+ upon completion of undergraduate degree
- Must be earning a degree in alignment with GSBA mission