Open Contest for Local Artists & Creatives
We are looking for fun, creative designs that represent the look and feel of the Capitol Hill neighborhood, and will complement the storefront windows in the variety of diverse businesses located in the district. This contest is open to everyone. This is an opportunity to showcase your creativity and skills in hundreds of stores across the Capitol Hill neighborhood, and contribute to the success of local small business.
The U.S. Small Business Administration celebrates Small Business Saturday each year on the last Saturday in November. To celebrate and promote small businesses year-round, Capitol Hill businesses hang posters in their storefronts encouraging folks to “Shop Small, Shop the Hill.” GSBA, Washington State’s LGBTQ and allied chamber of commerce, through their program Capitol Hill Business Alliance (CHBA), are continuing this tradition by holding an open contest for the annual “Shop Small, Shop the Hill” poster design.
• 11 inches x 17 inches
• 1/8 inch bleed on all sides
• 300 dpi
• CHBA logo (Logo can be found here: https://bit.ly/30Gp3M0)
• Both phrases, “Shop Small” and “Shop the Hill”
• Artist may include their logo or brand on bottom of poster
The winner will receive:
• 1 year GSBA membership* ($495+)
• 2 Tickets to the GSBA Annual Meeting and Holiday Luncheon, December 11, 2019 ($350)
• 1 Year placement of small web ad on theGSBA.org* ($2,100)
• Member spotlight in one weekly e-blast to distribution of 9,600+ active emails ($200)
• Bragging rights as the “Shop the Hill” poster designer (Priceless)
DEADLINE: All submissions must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59pm November 10, 2019. Selections will be made by November 13 and the winner will be announced November 15.
*Membership and advertising contingent on eligibility criteria. Contact email@example.com with any membership and advertising criteria questions.